London’s transport network will be very busy on 10km Marathon Swimming days. While it’s important to plan your journey in advance, remember to check online for any last-minute updates or changes before you travel.
Be prepared for crowds
If you plan to attend the 10km Marathon Swimming, you should think carefully about where you want to watch as some locations will be very busy. Large crowds are expected to attend and space will be limited. Arrive early, be prepared to wait and make sure you know how to get there. It is a good idea to have a plan B in case your preferred viewing area doesn’t work out.
If you’re planning on going to watch the 10km Marathon Swimming, plan your journey on the Transport for London website
Here are some top tips to bear in mind when planning your journey:
- Aim to arrive early. Spaces to watch along the route will fill up quickly.
- Leave plenty of time to travel as it will be very busy across central London.
- If you live near the route, try to find a spot to watch close to home.
- Consider walking or cycling – they are great ways to get around London during the Games, especially if you already live near the route, and may be quicker than using public transport. Limited cycle parking will be provided for spectators watching events in central London. Further details on the locations and opening times of the cycle parks will be posted on this website closer to the Games.
- If you’re going by public transport, be prepared to wait. Stations will be extremely busy and you will have to queue, so please be patient. Check the Transport for London and Get Ahead of the Games websites for travel updates before you set off.
- Please don’t drive – there is no parking available anywhere near the venue.
If you require staff assistance or a ramp, please be aware that you may need to give the station 24 hours’ notice.
For information about accessible travel in London, visit the Transport for London website
For information about accessible travel on trains, visit the National Rail website
Sign up for more information
Sign up now to receive dedicated emails on the 10km Marathon Swimming and be first in line to get event updates, travel advice and other tips to help you make the most of your day.
You can also download the official London 2012 Join In app – a mobile guide to help you plan, enjoy and share your Games experience.