Thomas has been chair of the Belfast Charity Committee since 2004. He has been responsible for reinventing the charity strategy of Belfast Retail Contact Centre (RCC). He strives to be innovative with that strategy by way of avoiding the same old, same old events. In that respect, I think he has excelled himself over the last 12 months;
Thomas met with the Senior management of Belfast RCC to pitch his idea of colleagues volunteering £5 from their Christmas subsidy. The objective was to spread the Christmas spirit throughout our local voluntary sector. So how did the idea pan out;
- Over 1,000 colleagues voted yes to giving up £5
- 11 charities selected to benefit from initiative
- Help aimed at local health, elderly, youth, special need and homeless
- Involved Lloyds TSB Foundation regards suggestions of those charities
- Hugely successful campaign and excellent for company reputation
Born To Shine - He generated 600 volunteering hours from Belfast RCC and £32,000 in donations from the public.
If Thomas wasn't successful, it would be a travesty! He is the most selfless person that anyone is likely to meet. Charity and work come first, then Thomas! He has a burning desire to do the best by charities and as a result, he gives up the vast majority of his spare time to make sure we do our bit, which is a big positive for local, national and international charities, morale in RCC Belfast and the reputation of our bank in the community.