If you need a little help getting started, check out our tools page for everything you need to host an Olympic-themed celebration.
Top tips for getting started:
- Read our Top ten planning tips, these will help you with all the things you need to think about in advance – where to hold your event, what to call it and how to spread the word about it.
- Check out our Licensing advice to make sure your event is safe and legal.
- Get in touch with your local authority via our Useful information page. They’ll be a great source of advice for any concerns you might have about holding a large event in your area.
- Upload your event to the London 2012 What’s on listings once you’ve decided what you’re going to do. It’s a great way to spread the word about your event.
- Use our press release template if you’re planning something special and want to tell your local media about it.
- Be social. Use sites like Twitter and Facebook to invite people and promote your event. Tweet us @London2012 with what you’ve planned, we’d love to hear from you.