LOCOG's Diversity and Inclusion team has identified 22 areas across the organising committee's work as priorities that are crucial to ensuring London hosts the most inclusive Games ever. These include:
- Ceremonies: London 2012 must have innovative, diverse and inclusive Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Torch Relays and community welcomes.
- Cultural Olympiad: One of the key aims of the Cultural Olympiad is to encourage and welcome involvement from communities across the UK.
- Ticketing: Diversity and inclusion are an integral part of the London2012 ticketing programme, allowing as many people as possible to experience the Games.
- Websites: Websites must be fully accessible and user friendly.
- Diverse food, inclusive catering: The London 2012 Food Vision describes how we will offer food for all dietary and cultural requirements.
- Paid staff and volunteer recruitment: Our recruitment processes and attraction plans are strengthened through the application of the six diversity strands.