Broadcast on Sunday 21 August from 1pm-5.30pm, and presented by Clare Balding, the special BBC 2 programme 'Olympic Countdown' will feature:
- Highlights from the women's Visa FIVB Beach Volleyball International at Horse Guards Parade
- Action from the London-Surrey Cycle Classic, which saw Mark Cavendish and a top international field test out the Olympic Road Race route for the first time
- Key moments from the London International Basketball Invitational, the first test event on the Olympic Park
- Highlights from the Weymouth and Portland International Regatta 2011, featuring Britain’s top sailors against the world’s elite in the 10 Olympic classes
- Action from the Triathlon World Sprint Championships in Lausanne
- Highlights from the Canoe Sprint World Championships in Hungary
London 2012 Live Sites are big screens and event spaces in urban centres offering live information, video, news and community events, and will be a major destination for news, events and live screenings of next year's Olympic and Paralympic Games.
There are already 20 big screens up and running in locations across the UK: Belfast, Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Dover, Edinburgh, Leeds, Leicester, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Swansea, Swindon, Waltham Forest and Woolwich.
Paul Deighton, CEO of the London 2012 Organising Committee, said: 'A year ahead of the Games this is a great opportunity for friends and families to come together in their local community and see the best of the action from the Olympic test events. It will be a great taste of the celebration of elite sport that will take place in the summer of 2012.'
The London 2012 Live Sites are erected and run in partnership between the London 2012 Organising Committee, the BBC and the various cities, in association with London 2012 partners BT and Lloyds TSB, supported by Cisco and the National Lottery through the Olympic Lottery Distributor.