The Games have had a huge impact on UK business and industry, helping boost companies during extremely challenging times.
London 2012 advertises many of its business opportunities via CompeteFor – enabling suppliers of all types and size to get involved with the Games. This free brokerage service enables businesses to compete for contract opportunities linked to the London 2012 Games and other major public and private sector buying organisations, such as Transport for London, Crossrail and the Metropolitan Police Service.
By the end of June 2012, CompeteFor had achieved the following:
- - 11,700 supply chain contract opportunities have been made available to businesses
- - 160,000 businesses nationwide have registered on CompeteFor
- - Approximately £2 billion worth of contracts have been awarded to suppliers
- -63 per cent of contracts awarded to CompeteFor suppliers have gone to businesses based outside of London - helping the economy and employment right across the UK during difficult economic times
- -75 per cent of contracts awarded to CompeteFor suppliers have gone to small and medium sized businesses
- -Over 50,000 companies throughout the UK have received some business support through Business Link or the equivalent in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Find out more about the economic legacy of the Games
If you’re interested in competing for London 2012 tender opportunities, register on CompeteFor