Here are a few of the facts we discovered:
- Open water World Swimming Champion Keri-Anne Payne will swim the equivalent of 2.5 times the circumference of the earth in training between now and 2012.
- The 10m diving board used by current World Diving Champion, Tom Daley, is equivalent in height to two double-decker buses and a car balanced on top of each other.
- If you total the number of clearances of Olympic Athletics Silver Medallist Germaine Mason's personal best in competitive high jumps between now and 2012, he will jump the height of One Churchill Place, London 2012 headquarters.
- Up to now, Olympic Gymnastics Bronze Medallist Louis Smith has completed over 900,000 rotations of the Pommel Horse over the 12 years of his career - over ten days supporting himself on his arms.
- You would have to watch 10,000 episodes of Eastenders between now and 2012 to equate to the time World Athletics Champion triple jumper Phillips Idowu will spend training to see if he can go one better than the silver medal he won in Beijing.
Pretty impressive, no?
As an Atos Origin staff member I'm probably biased, but I think a few of our own stats are pretty impressive too…
- Five deliveries every minute will be made during the busiest phase of the construction project as the London 2012 Olympic Park. Atos Origin consultants have developed a solution that enables deliveries to be managed which minimises congestion and improves reliability and security.
- A portal developed by Atos Origin will help London 2012 recruit up to 70,000 volunteers for Games time.
- The Technology team, led by Atos Origin and under the direction of LOCOG’s Technology department, will conduct more than 200,000 hours of testing to ensure the systems used at the Olympic Games deliver a gold winning performance.
For more information, visit: www.atosorigin.co.uk/london2012